Volgende in het rijtje is DmC, dat een HD-remake krijgt die door het leven zal gaan als DmC: Definitive Edition. Dit vernemen we bij monde van Dominic Matthews van Ninja Theory dat dus opnieuw gaat samenwerken met Capcom om deze HD-remake naar PS4 te brengen, en dat op 17 maart 2015.
Uiteraard met extra toeters en bellen zoals daar zijn:
- Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
- Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
- New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
- Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
- Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
- Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
- Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
- Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
- Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
- New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original