Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose in the violent, cold urban night. A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, and now hunted by cops and the mob. Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Prepare for a new breed of deep action game. Prepare for pain...
Developed by Remedy Entertainment and produced by 3D Realms, Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting for his justice while uncovering plot twists and twisted thugs in the gritty bowels of New York during the century's worst blizzard.
- Realism To The Max - A first in gaming. The first PC game with photo-digitized textures. Radiosity lighting and hardware T&L combined. All this tech talk just means gameplay never looked this real, nor frightening.
- Bullet-Time Gameplay - A first in gaming.
- Make Your Own Levels - Auto-adjusting gameplay, another first in gaming. You want the action will be challenging and intense, but not unfair and frustrating--the games' self-adjusting difficulty keeps you in the sweet spot of gameplay bliss.
- Play It Your Own Way - The most powerful, easiest-to-use game editor ever released is in you creative hands, with WYSIWYG-style editing (PC version only). Even recreate your house or workplace!
- More Realism - Painstaking attention to detail, bullets even modeled accurately resulting in realistic and cinematic gameplay unlike anything you've seen.