We spoke to a Sony employee who, understandably, wished to remain anonymous. He confirmed to us that a sequel to Warhawk is indeed real, having been in development for a number of years now. It's official title is 'Starhawk'. What follows are all the details we gathered;
- Starhawk will be revealed before E3 2011 - in fact, mid May is the current date for the official public outing.
- The game remains a PS3 exclusive. However, Starhawk will ship on Blu-ray, rather being a digital title on PSN like Warhawk.
- According to our source, you cannot fly from a planet into space. Some maps are set on a planet, with dogfights taking place in the air, while others are in space, with small areas for ground combat. The game is still set in another universe, so Earth will not feature.
- The game will retain the slightly cartoonish visuals - no ultra-gritty reboot in sight.
- Starhawk runs on a brand new engine that provides stunning visuals, explaining the jump from digital title to Blu-ray disc.
- While the main body of the same is still online multiplayer, there is a single-player component.
- Starhawk is the game Dylan Jobe can't wait to talk about.